The U.S. Intelligence Community
Last Update: Reissued with updates to health information.
Reconsider travel to Tuvalu due to COVID-19-related restrictions.
Read the country information page for additional information on travel to Tuvalu.
Commercial transportation to/from Tuvalu is not available or only sporadically available. It may be difficult to enter or leave the country, and travelers should expect delays entering Tuvalu and/or returning to the United States. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Tuvalu.
If you decide to travel to Tuvalu:
- Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before planning any international travel, and read the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for country-specific COVID-19 information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for Tuvalu.
- Visit the CDC page for the latest Travel Health Information related to your travel.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.