Last Update: Reissued with updates to health information.
Exercise increased caution in Morocco due to terrorism.
Country Summary: Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Morocco. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, markets/shopping malls, and local government facilities.
Read the country information page for additional information on travel to Morocco.
If you decide to travel to Morocco:
- Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before planning any international travel and read the U.S. Embassy’s web page for country-specific COVID-19 information.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by Westerners.
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Twitter and Facebook.
- Review the Country Security Report for Morocco.
- Visit the CDC page for the latest Travel Health Information related to your travel.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.